Friday, October 18, 2013
Say yes to the ready willing and able customer and no to the "tire kickers"
There is nothing more important than to make sure your buyer is really a buyer. Lots of people unfortunately like tot waste our time if we let them. Make sure you ask your buyer or seller what they want to accomplish immediately after introducing your self. If there goal is anything other than to purchase then you need to decide if you need to ask more questions to see if your goal to sell a product or service is the same as the"buyers" goal. You should also always request how they plan on financing the purchase if is of any size that normally requires financing. Lots of people respond, I'm only looking or I'm looking for my son, freind etc. The sales presentation is a lot faster to these people as you don;t have the buyer infront of you. You also need to make sure if they are the only buyer. Don't be afraid to turn away none buyers or to shorten the walkthrough of the product or service, after all, you really want to sell to a true buyer. Once again in all cases your company may and should have a policy on how to handle none buyers. A simple sentence such as, I'd love to show this to your friend/relative/etc when they are available. Here's my business card I'll be happy to meet with them or send them infomration onlineor through the mail if you would like to pass theis on to them or I can do it now if you have the infrmation with you. The office policy is to only work directly with ready, willing, and able buyers for the security reasons. Then if they continue to object I turn the table sand say I'm sure you or your compnay has a similar policy. Thank you for stopping in and once again here is my card for your friend/relative/etc. This way I have time to work with only buyers that have the same goal as you; the goal is the sale. So keep your eye on the price. At open houses if two groups of people walk in and one is a buyer and one is previewing for others my focus would be the buyers that are the actual buyers. I'm sorry the previewer isn't a buyer but a hugh potential time waster as taste of one person is most often quite different from there friends/family/etc. But you be the judge based on your product and time. But remember the business card and to be polite but firm about company policy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment